Skip to main content

Apple Cinnamon Muffin

I used to love making the apple muffins from the box, they tasted so good. Whenever I'm really craving something yummy, I go for a bread of some sort, or a muffin. That was the case for yesterday. Either the Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread or some kind of muffin. I've never made apple muffins from scratch before, and I have a bunch of apples left over from this year so I thought I would try it out! And man are they good! Super moist, chunks of apples and not too sweet. Sounds like the perfect treat to me! 


Apple Cinnamon Muffins


Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and chopped


Topping Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 t cinnamon


Preheat oven to 400. Grease muffin pan or line with liners. Stir together flour, sugar, salt, baking power and cinnamon. Mix in oil, eggs and milk. Fold in the apples. Spoon in the batter to the muffin pan. 


In a small bowl, stir together all of the topping ingredients. Sprinkle over top of the uncooked muffins.


Bake for 25 minutes.


Enjoy the smell that comes off of these babies! Mmm!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easiest Quinoa "Salad"

Who doesn't like a 5-ingredient dinner/snack? Granted, there could be a little more prep time depending on what you have laying around but for a mom that's always on the go with Baseball Practice and who knows what else...this is perfect. I cooked my Quinoa in my rice cooker, it was super easy to just dump it in there and walk away. If you don't have a rice cooker, just follow the instructions on the back of the bag. You can find Quinoa in the rice section of the grocery store usually, if not there check by the Organics. Side note : Whether I cook my Quinoa in a pot or in my rice cooker, I always cook it in Chicken Broth, adds more flavor! You'll notice the difference between water and Chicken Broth, I promise! If you have some cooked chicken already, perfect. If not, I usually get a rotisserie chicken and just shred it. Luckily, Matthew's mom has been buying me whole chickens and cooking them in the crockpot for me (because she's awesome) and then sending

Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring

Just baked this recipe this morning! How delicious!! Super easy to make (which is what i'm all about) and tastes like it just came from some professional bakery! Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring Ingredients: - 1 tube Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits - 3 T butter, melted - 1/2 cup pancake syrup - 1/3 cup packed brown sugar - 1/2 t cinnamon - 1/4 cup chopped pecans (opt.) Spray fluted pan with non-stick spray. Combine melted butter and syrup in small bowl and set aside. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts.  Place half of the syrup mix on the bottom of the pan. Then sprinkle half of the brown sugar mix on top.  Lay the buscuits on the bottom of the pan, overlapping edges to form a ring.  Top with remaining syrup and sugar mix.  Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.  Cool for 1 minute and enjoy!

Banana Muffins

I'm on a banana kick right now, maybe it's because they're the easiest & most delicious ingredients to bake with, but i always have some in my fridge to bake something with throughout the week or use on the weekend.  Since i've been making nothing but bread lately, i decided to make muffins. They're easier to make on the go & this recipe is quick, quick, quick! Plus, if you are a regular baker like i am, all the ingredients you need, you'll already have.  Ingredients: - 1 1/2 Cup Flour -1t Baking Powder -1t Baking Soda -1/2t Salt -3 Large Bananas -3/4 Cup Sugar -1 Egg -1/3 Cup Butter, melted Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Put paper liners in a 12 cup muffin pan.  Combine bananas, sugar, egg & melted butter. Fold in flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Mix until smooth. Spoon into muffin pans.  Bake for 25-30 minutes, until tops are nice & golden brown. *I made one batch regular, & one batch with