Skip to main content

The World's Best Meatloaf

Talk about a 3 year hiatus...whew. Well I figured I would make an attempt to get back into the swing of things (my baseball reference for the night!) and post a little something for you all to check out.

Unfortunately, this is something I made earlier this week and did not snag a picture, but lets be honest, Meatloaf is hard to make look "picture perfect" but I will try to update this recipe with a picture next time I make it.

*UPDATE: Picture is now attached. Enjoy!

I debated whether or not I wanted to share this recipe with everyone because it's just THAT good, but I thought what the heck, everyone's taste buds should truly experience this.

First I'm going to start off with I am NOT a ground beef lover at all. I try to avoid it as much as possible. But Matthew enjoys it, so alas, there I was in the kitchen the first time I made this recipe, grossed out and didn't know how I was going to get through this ordeal but it turned out pretty damn tasty. And after the second time I made it, I'd have to say it's mastered.

Let's get this party going...

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds ground beef - the first time I used 90/10, it was good but the second and third time I used 80/20, it made a WORLD of difference.
  • 1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs - the original recipe called for crushed Ritz, which I did the first time. But the second/third time I didn't have any Ritz so I just used bread crumbs and it turned out just fine.
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/3 cup onion, chopped
  • 1t salt
  • 1/2t black pepper
  • 1/2t garlic powder

    Glaze:
  • 3/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup apricot preserves
  • 1T Worcestershire sauce
Shape the loaf:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 5x9 loaf pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs (or crackers), egg, milk, 1/2 cup ketchup, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix together with your hands until combined.
  2. "Pour" (as we all know, this doesn't pour like cake batter does) into your loaf pan and spread evenly. Place the pan on a rimmed baking sheet (important to NOT forget to do this, the grease from the beef will spill over) and bake for 1.5 hours.
  3. In a small bowl, combine all Glaze ingredients and mix well. Spread half of the mixture evenly over the meatloaf HALFWAY through baking. Reserve the remainder for extra dipping. Let the meatloaf sit for 15 minutes before slicing and serving (or else it'll just crumble on you).


Annnnnnnd ladies and gents, THAT is it! 3 easy steps into putting this all together and you have an amazing dinner. I usually make garlic mashed potatoes (which I have a recipe on here for...do you like that plug?) as a side with some salad! We have a family of 3 and have leftovers when we're done.

Leave a comment and let me know what you think after you try this out! And subscribe if you want to be emailed when I add new recipes! Hopefully I don't take another 3 years to add on!

*Click this link for original recipe http://www.pipandebby.com/pip-ebby/2014/2/22/best-ever-meatloaf.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A "little bit of everything" cookie

I know it's been a while, but I try to get on here as much as I can, and sadly it's not as much as I wish I could be.  I had some spare time tonight though and thought it was time for some cookies to be made! I have another dinner recipe I want to share, "Drunken Pork chops" but i'll get to that another time. Cookies are way more important!  A "little bit of everything" cookie Ingredients: 3 c flour 1 T baking powder 1 T baking soda 1 T cinnamon 1 t salt 1 1/2 c butter (room temp) 1 1/2 c sugar 1 1/2 c brown sugar 3 eggs  1 T vanilla 3 c semisweet chocolate chips 3 c old-fashioned rolled oats 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside. In another bowl (a LARGE one), beat the butter until smooth. Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat for 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each...

The Best Chicken Enchiladas

The title to this recipe does not lie. These are, by far, the most amazing chicken enchiladas you will ever put into your mouth. It's a white sauce, with so much flavor, your taste buds will be thanking you for weeks, and begging you to make it again. It's a great family dinner, or to bring to impress guests at a party. SO GOOD! The Best Chicken Enchiladas Ingredients: 10 medium soft taco shells 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (or whatever you prefer) 3 T butter 2 T corn starch 2 cups chicken broth 1 clove minced garlic 1/2 t of salt and pepper (each) 1 cup sour cream 1 t onion powder 1 t garlic powder 1 t cumin 1 t lime juice 1 finely chopped jalapeno, seeded Preheat oven to 350, grease a 9 x 13 pan. In a medium size bowl, mix chicken, 1 cup of cheese, garlic and roll the mixture into tortillas and place into the pan. In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the corn starch and cook for one minute. Add broth and wh...

Fried Rice

Ya'll need an easy, delicious dinner for the week night that feeds a lot? Make some of this fried rice. It's so easy and makes a great side or just a meal all in it's own. I made pork chops to go along with it and cut it into chunks and just threw them in at the end and it worked out perfectly. But I took just the leftover fried rice to work with me the next couple of days after that for lunch and I couldn't get enough. Good tip before you start though is to cook the rice the night before and let it chill in the fridge. Cuts out a lot of time waiting for it to cook and chill. Minimal ingredients with great flavor! I had pretty much everything I needed in my fridge and pantry (other than green onions) to make this. Ingredients: 2T butter, divided 3 eggs, whisked 2 medium carrots, diced into small pieces 1 small onion, diced into small pieces 3 cloves of garlic, minced 1 cup of frozen peas, thawed 4 cups cooked and chilled rice 3T soy sauce 2T oyster sau...