Skip to main content

Lemon Blueberry Drop Scones

These are really good fruity scones to serve at a dinner party. They're a bit lower in fat than other scone recipes as well. They're super moist, and have a nice authentic "scone" taste! The lemon and blueberry compliment each other very nicely in this recipe. 


Lemon Blueberry Drop Scones


Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 t baking powder
1 t grated lemon peel
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 cup lemon yogurt
1 egg
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup fresh OR frozen blueberries


Glaze Ingredients:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 T lemon juice
1/2 t grated lemon peel


In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, egg and melted butter. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. 


Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 16 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine glaze ingredients, drizzle over warm scones.


*Do not thaw frozen blueberries




As you can see, one is already missing in this picture and this was right after I glazed them...you can probably guess how many are left now!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A "little bit of everything" cookie

I know it's been a while, but I try to get on here as much as I can, and sadly it's not as much as I wish I could be.  I had some spare time tonight though and thought it was time for some cookies to be made! I have another dinner recipe I want to share, "Drunken Pork chops" but i'll get to that another time. Cookies are way more important!  A "little bit of everything" cookie Ingredients: 3 c flour 1 T baking powder 1 T baking soda 1 T cinnamon 1 t salt 1 1/2 c butter (room temp) 1 1/2 c sugar 1 1/2 c brown sugar 3 eggs  1 T vanilla 3 c semisweet chocolate chips 3 c old-fashioned rolled oats 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside. In another bowl (a LARGE one), beat the butter until smooth. Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat for 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each...

The Best Chicken Enchiladas

The title to this recipe does not lie. These are, by far, the most amazing chicken enchiladas you will ever put into your mouth. It's a white sauce, with so much flavor, your taste buds will be thanking you for weeks, and begging you to make it again. It's a great family dinner, or to bring to impress guests at a party. SO GOOD! The Best Chicken Enchiladas Ingredients: 10 medium soft taco shells 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (or whatever you prefer) 3 T butter 2 T corn starch 2 cups chicken broth 1 clove minced garlic 1/2 t of salt and pepper (each) 1 cup sour cream 1 t onion powder 1 t garlic powder 1 t cumin 1 t lime juice 1 finely chopped jalapeno, seeded Preheat oven to 350, grease a 9 x 13 pan. In a medium size bowl, mix chicken, 1 cup of cheese, garlic and roll the mixture into tortillas and place into the pan. In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the corn starch and cook for one minute. Add broth and wh...

Fried Rice

Ya'll need an easy, delicious dinner for the week night that feeds a lot? Make some of this fried rice. It's so easy and makes a great side or just a meal all in it's own. I made pork chops to go along with it and cut it into chunks and just threw them in at the end and it worked out perfectly. But I took just the leftover fried rice to work with me the next couple of days after that for lunch and I couldn't get enough. Good tip before you start though is to cook the rice the night before and let it chill in the fridge. Cuts out a lot of time waiting for it to cook and chill. Minimal ingredients with great flavor! I had pretty much everything I needed in my fridge and pantry (other than green onions) to make this. Ingredients: 2T butter, divided 3 eggs, whisked 2 medium carrots, diced into small pieces 1 small onion, diced into small pieces 3 cloves of garlic, minced 1 cup of frozen peas, thawed 4 cups cooked and chilled rice 3T soy sauce 2T oyster sau...